Serving Someone in Prison

A person can still be served while in prison.  A spouse or parent of children may wish to serve the incarcerated person with:

Factors that are important for service are:
  1. Is the person cooperative?  If he/she is, then the service can be made by mail.
  2. If the person is not cooperative, the service papers need to be mailed to the specific department in the prison that handles ‘proof of service’ and this department will perform the service similar to that of a process server.
The Proof of Service is an essential part of any Family Law matter and must be considered when filing any action such as Divorce, Legal Separation, Annulment, Paternity Action or changes to existing orders for custody, visitation and support of children.  Even if someone is incarcerated, they can still be served.
For more information on serving someone while incarcerated and for other Family Law issues, please call Legal Action Workshop @ 888-LGL-ACTN (888-545-2286) or visit our website .

This entry was posted in Annulment, California Divorce, Child Custody, Child Visitation and Support, Legal Separation, Paternity Action and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>