Length: 01:13
Read more: What to Do If You Have Children But Are Not Married

If you are unmarried and have children you need to file a Paternity Action. This petition will do the following:1. establish the father
2. address the custody, visitation, and support for children

This is very important as it protects the father’s rights to his children. It also protects the mother’s rights so that the best interest of the children are taken into account when it comes to custody and visitation.

Many parents are not aware of their legal rights. It is very important to have a consultation with the attorney so that legal rights and options are understood.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...