Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

California Name Change


We file a Name Change in Every County in California.

This package is applicable for both an adult name change and a name change for a child. Our Name Change Lawyer will advise If you wish to change the father’s name on a minor’s birth certificate as this usually requires that you file a Petition to Establish Parental Relationship if you were not married.

Here’s what you get when you purchase this package:

  • We file the petition for Name Change; if it’s for an adult we do not need to serve anyone; if it’s for a minor we serve the other parent by mail (we assist in alternative service if requested)
  • We perform the required publication
  • We obtain a court date
  • We prepare you for the court date

This package is for a ‘legal name change’ or ‘court ordered name change’ both of which will allow you to change your name legally. A discussion with the Attorney will determine if there is any impediment to a name change such as a criminal record.

SKU: FL-NC Category:


Filing Fee additional ($435 in most counties) which may be waived by the court based on income.

Publication fee additional (usually $95). It may be higher depending on the city and county in which you live. We will advise.

On average, our clients save at least $500 with this package!

Your consultation will be scheduled within one business day of your purchase to ensure timely action.

For an LA County name change, you need to reside in LA County and have a Social Security Number as well as another form of ID such as a passport or driver’s license. Other counties may have different requirements.

The other biological parent needs to be notified if the name change is for a minor. If the address is unknown then we would need to perform a ‘search’. There is an additional fee of $100 for the search.

We file for a name change throughout California, in all counties as well as the cities of Los Angeles and Glendale CA.

Related Blog Posts

Related Videos

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...

} }); jQuery(document).on("ninja_popups_convert", function(event, data) { if (event.popup_id == 2849) { } }); });