Length: 01:03
Read more: Name Change During the Divorce Process

The married name can be reverted to the pre-marriage name in a divorce. This is usually done by checking the appropriate box in the divorce petition. Once the divorce is finalized, the name reverts back to the pre-marriage name.When complete, changes to the driver’s license, credit cards etc must be made. There is no extra fee for the name change during the divorce process.If, however, a different name is desired, it would be an adult name change. Consent is not needed for an adult name change and can be easily done. Your attorney will advise.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...