Most Attorneys that practice Family Law or Divorce charge a retainer fee and an hourly rate to fully represent you. ‘Full representation’ means that the Attorney prepares all paperwork needed, communicates with the courts as well as any other Attorney involved in the case. Each time the Attorney speaks with you or anyone else concerning your case, prepares any paperwork or goes to court on your behalf, the hourly rate is being charged. The hourly rate ranges from $250 to as much as $1,000 per hour and anywhere in between. These hourly fees can mount very quickly.
There are alternatives to full representation. This is called limited scope or unbundled legal services. Attorneys who practice this type of law charge clients piece meal for what they do. They standardize the parts of a legal procedure so that they can charge a flat fee. In this way, the Attorney knows exactly what needs to be done while the client knows exactly what he/she will be getting.
Legal Action Workshop has standardized divorce and family law so that clients can get an experienced Attorney and their matter addressed for a low flat fee.  Legal Action Workshop offers flat fee divorce and family law throughout California. This is really the best of both worlds—Attorney advice and oversight as well as low flat fees.

For more information on affordable divorce & family law with an Attorney, contact Legal Action Workshop @ 800-HELP-444 (800-435-7444) or visit our website at .

Reader Interactions


    • Brenda Platt-Drucker says

      Your flat fee for a legal separation is either $625 or $899 depending on whether you have children or property. Most people file for a legal separation, as opposed to a divorce, for religious or financial reasons. A consultation with the attorney will determine your best option. The filing fee is additional and may be waived by the court. If your spouse is cooperative and you require an agreement there is usually a $500 fee.
      We can be reached @ 818-630-5503 to discuss.
      Thank-you for contacting Legal Action Workshop!

  1. Charlie says


    My wife and I have an agreement to file a “default with agreement”. We’ve been married for 7 years and separated for 9 years. We have 1 time share property which I agreed to give it to wife. It is a simple divorce case since we both agree on everything.
    What is your flat fee on a case like this?

    Please advise

    • Brenda Platt-Drucker says

      Hi Charlie,
      I noticed that we have already talked and you have decided to use our firm for your uncontested ‘default’ divorce. I’m glad that you made the right choice! Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you may have!
      Thank-you for choosing Legal Action Workshop!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...