0 Flares 0 Flares ×

It is very important to choose carefully when you are looking for a Probate Lawyer.   The reason for this is that the relationship that you have with the Attorney will extend over many months and possibly years depending on the circumstances that arise.  Further, if you hire one Attorney and then decide to change midstream, you may have difficulty finding another Lawyer that will take the case.

Here are 3 factors to consider when looking for the best Probate Lawyer for your particular case:

  1. Experience: Make sure that the Lawyer has many years’ experience in Probate matters and routinely completes several each year.  Also, determine the kind of Probate that the Lawyer handles.  There are Probates in which all the heirs are in agreement and others when they are not.
  2. Accessibility:  Make sure that the Attorney is easy to reach by phone or email and is handling all aspects of the Probate, and not simply giving it to subordinates.
  3. Attentiveness:  Make sure that you feel comfortable speaking with the Attorney and have an easy rapport.  The Attorney should be attentive to your needs and goals.

In short, your best Probate Lawyer is one who is experienced, accessible and attentive.  Legal Action Workshop has been practicing Probate Law for over 35 years and typically handles from 8 to 15+ cases per year. If a family member or friend has recently passed away in Los Angeles County, feel free to call us with your questions.  We can be reached at 818-246-0073.  You may also visit our website for more information @ www.LegalActionWorkshopLAW.com .


0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×

Reader Interactions


  1. Richard Bertola says

    Question- My sister recently passed away . She had lived in Stockton calif for the passed 50 years until she became ill. We moves her down to Los Angeles county were she resided in a nursing home for 2 years until her death . The death certificate states her address as the one in Stockton . Can the probate be done by you here in Los Angeles county or do I need to change the address on the death certificate? Thanks

    • LegalActionWorkshop says

      We could file the probate here in LA since this is where she lived at the time of death. Please call our offices at 818-246-0073 to speak with the Attorney–at no charge to you–so that he can explain how Probate works and what are the steps that need to be taken.

  2. Deanna R. Jones says

    Thanks for the tips! My mom decided that it’s about time to find a probate lawyer after she found out that she only has a couple of years to live. She wants to start setting up a trust right away, so these tips will help her find a good lawyer. I agree, it seems like a lawyer with a lot of experience who’s easily accessible will be the best fit for her. She’s unable to get around, so is it possible for lawyers to come to her home to set up all of the details to her trust? My mom would use the phone or email to contact a lawyer, but her condition makes it difficult for her to use a phone or a computer.

  3. Richard Rivera says

    A Grand Deed was made out in my sister’s name,Previous to that I was taking care of my dad until he passed away.My sister put me out of the house for no reason.Now I’m homeless! I need legal Help, A.S.A.P.
    Richard Rivera (My E-mail is;(richardrivera717@yahoo.com

    • Brenda Platt-Drucker says

      Since your sister’s name is on the deed, it means that she owns the house and that’s why she kicked you out. However, it may not be correct that her name is on the deed. In effect, this may have been done by fraud. It would be best to talk to an attorney in your area that handles ‘contested’ probates or estate issues. We do not handle contested matters in this area.
      Good luck to you!

  4. Perry Steinberg says

    I am one of four trustees. The trusts gives the majority the right to sell and invest the trust assets.
    One trustee is refusing to sign a brokerage account, therefore unable to open account. What process
    to force the four trustee to sign or how to remove the trustee.

    Thank You

    • Brenda Platt-Drucker says

      This is a complicated question. You may need to file the Trust with the Probate court and ask for an order to allow the sale to proceed even though one trustee is not cooperative. It’s best to speak with the attorney directly regarding this type of situation.
      Hope this helps!
      Thank-you for contacting Legal Action Workshop!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...