When a parent has filed a Child Support case with the Department of Child Support Services the District Attorney will initiate legal proceedings for the collection of child support.  The Child Support portion of the case usually stays with the District Attorney’s office even as a Divorce or a Paternity Action proceeds through the Family Court.  This is especially true when the DA is already collecting child support on the petitioner’s behalf.

If the parents, in a Divorce or Paternity Action, decide to agree on all other issues such as:

  1. legal custody
  2. physical custody
  3. visitation
  4. Divorce issues such as division of assets & debts and/or spousal support

and wish to avoid a court appearance, the parent who filed with the County, can ask the DA to sign off to the agreement in the Family Court.  The form that is used is a Stipulation to Establish or Modify Child Support and Order (FL350).

If the District Attorney does not sign the form, a court appearance would need to be made even with an agreement.

If you have an existing Child Support case with the District Attorney and have additional questions, give Legal Action Workshop a call @ 1-800-HELP-444 (1-800-435-7444).  Our experienced Family Law and Divorce Attorneys can answer your questions and explain your legal options.  You may also visit our website @ www.LegalActionWorkshopLAW.com  for more information.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...